Now Accepting Applications for New Program Starting This Spring! Apply Today
What is an Energy Baron?
A facilities professional whose primary function is to help lower the energy usage and utility cost for buildings by implementing energy efficiency best practices.
Eco-Alpha is dedicated to empowering communities by providing equitable access to workforce development opportunities in the area of energy, while emphasizing collaborative learning, innovation, leadership, and technology.
If you live and work in the Sacramento Promise Zone, this program is for you. We’re looking for dedicated trainees who can participate up to 8 hours per week on Saturdays from April 1- May 31, 2021. During the spring and summer, trainees can participate up to 32 hours per month.
Energy Baron Program Highlights
Whether it be networking with established energy facilities career professionals, learning key energy management fundamentals, experiencing hands-on learning in new facilities technologies, touring facilities in the community, or even assistance with job-placement in the energy management sector, our trainees have the opportunity to explore various energy career paths and gain valuable work experience in a workplace culture that’s second to none as an Energy Baron.
Sacramento Promise Zone’s Sustainable Communities Collaborative
Eco-Alpha is proud to partner with the Sacramento Promise Zone’s Sustainable Communities Collaborative to Empower the Communities We Serve.
Energy Baron Program Certification
Empower your future as an Energy Baron.
The Energy Baron Program is an 8-week workforce development program in the facilities energy management sector for those who live and/or work in the Sacramento Promise Zones.
Energy Baron Trainees have a unique opportunity to get an inside look into the growing and demanding professions that could inspire career choices over a 8-week workforce development and training program. Energy Barons can explore fields including energy and sustainability, energy management technology, mechanical engineering, customer service, facilities support services, and many others.
Applications will be accepted from Feb. 8 – March 8, 2021.
- Gain real work experience and new skills to add to your resume in the energy sector
- Learn about the facilities maintenance, energy technology, public utility industry
- Tour (in-person or virtually) professional workshops
- Network with other trainees and industry professionals
- Tour facilities (utilities, arenas, plants) and energy projects
- Learn valuable leadership and communications skills
- Receive job placement assistance
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have GED or high school diploma
- Provide your own transportation
- Attend mandatory program orientation
- Attend mandatory work readiness workshops and video interviews
- Be able to participate in up to 32 hours a month
- Be comfortable using email and the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must live and/or work in the Sacramento Promise Zone (proof will be required).
*NOTE: This is an unpaid workforce development opportunity. This effort is led by the Promise Zone’s Sustainable Communities Collaborative in partnership with Eco-Alpha and funded by the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency (SHRA), City of Sacramento and Sacramento County.
For more information about the Energy Baron Program, please email Eco-Alpha at email@example.com